This article is for nonprofit staff using the 4aGoodCause platform. If you are a donor please refer to this help article.
4aGoodCause uses the Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) service to store and charge the credit cards of your monthly donors. If a donor enrolls as a monthly giver on your donation page, we automatically create a subscription for that donor in the ARB service. This subscription stores the payment information and charges the card each month.
If a donor contacts you needing a change in their monthly gift, you should log in to Authorize.net and update their ARB subscription with the appropriate changes such as a new credit card number, new expiration date, new address or amount.
To edit an active subscription please follow these steps:
- Log into your Authorize.net Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net
- Click Recurring Billing in the main left side menu.
- Click the link to view your Active subscriptions.
- Find the subscription in the list of results. Subscriptions that come from our pages are named by the donor's name.
- Click the Subscription ID in the far left column.
- From the ARB Subscription Detail page, click Edit Subscription in the top right corner of the page. The ARB Subscription Detail page reappears with editable fields. Note: Some fields may not be editable, depending on whether the subscription has already started.
- Modify the appropriate fields. The Credit Card Number, Expiration Date, or ABA Routing Number, and Bank Account Number fields will be populated with masked numbers. When modifying these fields, enter the new number in full.
- Click Update. The Subscription Confirmation page appears.
Please bear these facts in mind when editing subscriptions:
- For active subscriptions, the Start Date may not be modified. If you need to change the day of the month that subscription fires then cancel this subscription and create a new one.
- The total number of recurring transactions may be modified, but the new total number may not be less than or equal to the number of completed recurring transactions. For example, if the original total number of billings was 10, and 4 are completed, and you wanted to change the total number of billings to 6—you would enter "6" as the new Ends After value.
- Subscriptions cannot be renewed once they have completed or expired. However, you may extend a subscription's duration before it expires by updating the End Date or Ends After value.
Learn more about the ARB service in these tutorial videos.