This article is for nonprofit staff using the 4aGoodCause platform. If you are a donor needing to edit your monthly donation please refer to this help article.
4aGoodCause uses the Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) service to store and charge the credit cards of your monthly donors. If a donor enrolls as a monthly giver on your donation page, we automatically create a subscription for that donor in the ARB service. This subscription stores the payment information and charges the card each month.
If a donor contacts you needing to cancel their monthly gift, you should login to Authorize.net and cancel their ARB subscription.
To cancel an active subscription please follow these steps:
- Log into your Authorize.net Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net
- Click Recurring Billing in the main left side menu.
- Click the link to view your Active subscriptions.
- Find the subscription in the list of results. Subscriptions that come from our pages are named by the donor's name.
- Click the Subscription ID in the far left column.
- From the ARB Subscription Detail page, click Edit Subscription in the top right corner of the page.
- From the Edit Subscription page, click the Cancel Subscription link in the top right corner of the page. A confirmation dialogue box appears.
- Click Yes to continue the cancellation of the subscription or click Cancel if you want to cancel the action.
Learn more about the ARB service in these tutorial videos.