Each time a donor submits a donation on your 4aGoodCause page we can securely pass their card information to Stripe for processing. To do this 4aGoodCause must be connected to your Stripe account. This connection is made via your Stripe Publishable and Secret API Keys.
Follow these steps to obtain your API Keys and insert them into 4aGoodCause.
Please note: If you prefer to have 4aGoodCause connect your Stripe account please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Obtain your API Keys
An API Key is a complex string of letters and numbers that identifies your Stripe account when submitting transaction requests from your website. The API Keys are found in your Stripe account. You'll need to find both your Publishable Key and Secret Key.
- Log into your Stripe dashboard at https://dashboard.stripe.com/ as a user with Administrator permissions.
- Click Developers from the top menu.
- Click API Keys in the sub-menu.
- You should see a listing of your API Keys.
- The keys you need to copy are the Publishable Key and the Secret Key.
- If you have never looked at the Secret Key before, you can click to reveal it. If you have previously used this key you should click to Create a Secret Key.
- A new window will pop up with the secret key. Note: You won't be able to see the secret key again after this. Make sure you copy it and save it somewhere safe and private.
2. Copy and Paste your API Keys into 4aGoodCause
Once you have your API Keys you must input them into your 4aGoodCause account. We suggest copying and pasting to avoid any mistakes.
- Login to 4aGoodCause at https://4agc.com as a Nonprofit User.
- Click on Settings on the left menu.
- Click Payment Gateways on the left menu.
- Click Create Payment Gateway on the right.
- Choose the Provider Stripe.
- Enter a Name to identify the gateway. You can input "Stripe" for example.
- Enter your Publishable Key.
- Enter your Secret Key.
- Click Create Payment Gateway.