Each time a donor submits a donation on your 4aGoodCause page we can securely pass their card information to Stripe for processing. To do this 4aGoodCause must be connected to your Stripe account. This connection is made via your Stripe API Key.
Follow these steps to obtain your API Key and insert it into 4aGoodCause.
Please note: If you prefer to have 4aGoodCause connect your Stripe account please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Obtain your API Key
The API Key is used to connect your website or other integrated business application to Stripe for transaction processing. The API Key is a complex string of letters and numbers that identifies your Stripe account when submitting transaction requests from your website. The API Key is found in your Stripe account.
- Log into your Stripe dashboard at https://dashboard.stripe.com/ as a user with Administrator permissions.
- Click Developers from the left-side menu.
- Click API Keys in the main left-side menu.
- You should see a listing of your API Keys.
- The key you want to copy is the Secret Key.
- If you have never looked at this key before, you can click to reveal it. If you have previously used this key you should click to Create a Secret Key.
- A new window will pop up with the secret key. Note: You won't be able to see the key again after this. Make sure you copy it and save it somewhere safe and private.
- Copy the value of the Secret Key. It should look like sk_live_somelongrandomvaluelikeTH4EDrfdc
2. Copy and Paste your API Key into 4aGoodCause
Once you have your API Key you must input it into your 4aGoodCause account. We suggest copying and pasting to avoid any mistakes.
- Login to 4aGoodCause at https://4agc.com as a Nonprofit User.
- Click on Settings on the left menu.
- Click Payment Gateways on the left menu.
- Click Create Payment Gateway on the right.
- Choose the Provider Stripe.
- Enter a Name to identify the gateway. You can input "Stripe" for example.
- Enter your API Key.
- Click Create Payment Gateway.